Microblading Before and After Care
Getting a Microblading procedure for the first time can be nerve-wracking if you do not know what to do before and after the procedure. So we created this article to help you set your expectations and to know what you should do before and after your appointment.
Why Do You need to have Microblading Before and After Care?
It is important to know what you should do before and after your microblading procedure. You want to make sure that there will be no complications or hurdles during and after your appointment.
Microblading claims to enhance the appearance of your brows. The microblading procedure is also called "feather touch" or "micro-stroking." And following its aftercare is essential to keep your new brows' appearance and longevity. Thus, making it necessary to follow the microblading aftercare guidelines.
What to do Before Your Microblading Appointment?
It is better to be prepared before you go to your microblading appointment. And here is a list of things to check before your procedure:
- Wash your hair before your appointment. For you can only take one after 10 days after your procedure.
- NO sun, sweating, or tanning before the procedure. The tan will exfoliate after a few days taking the microblading pigment with it as it fades.
- NO work out the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores.
- NO facial treatments ONE MONTH before your appointment. This includes:
- NO alcohol or caffeine before the procedure to minimize oozing or swelling after the procedure.
- NO Accutane for 1 year. Take Tylenol but Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours before your procedure.
Microblading Aftercare Must Do
You must expect that your eyebrows will appear bolder and thicker immediately after the procedure. Don't worry! This is common in all Microblading procedures. And it will begin to soften a few days after.
Also, the hair strokes will appear crisp and bold at first but soften as it heals.
But how will you properly take care of your new brows? To make sure that the appearance will stay longer? Here are some simple and vital steps that you can follow to make sure your new Microblading will heal properly and last long.
- Your eyebrows must not contact any water for 10 days after the procedure. This entails avoiding intense sweating, bathing rather than taking a shower, and cleaning your face in the sink without touching your brows.
- After your procedure, you can wear regular makeup, but not to the treated region until it has healed.
- After the 10 days, use a gentle cleanser to clean them.
- Avoid scrubbing them for 1 month.
- Keep the treated area out of the sun. Wear sunscreen to prevent sun fading 30 days after healing. If exposed to sunshine, the color pigment may fade more quickly.
- Avoid touching your brows and sleeping on your back until they have healed.
- If your eyebrows become wet, pat them dry with a towel rather than rubbing them.
- Please let your technician know if you are considering a chemical peel or other medical procedure. After your eyebrows have completely healed, you should only have the treatment.
Moisturize Microbladed Area. Apply ample aftercare ointment around the treated area with a cotton swab. You can stop using the aftercare ointment eight days after your microblading procedure, but you should continue gently washing the microbladed area every morning and evening.
Now you know what you should do before and after your microblading appointment. We advise you follow all of the instructions to get the best results.
Visit The Beauty Ink Store for more microblading before and after care tips, products, and accessories. Shop with us now!